Monday, June 8, 2009

A walk to Byres Road

Second day in Scotland, and a walk to Byres road. The sun was starting to poke out that day, a sign of the glorious weather to come.


Botanic Gardens Garage, link, an early multistory car park.



Lunch at the Ubiquitous Chip. The first of many lunch time beers. I was drouthy. What can I say?



Glorious, glorious consignment shop where I picked up a pair of black heels. There were times on this trip when I felt distinctly less like a tourist and more familiar with Scotland, and discovering that I knew my UK trouser and shoe size off the top of my head was one of those moments.


Taking the tube to see a movie at the GFT... oh, what was the name of that film? I blame the jet lag.

2 comments:

  1. We've tried to remember/find out what film it was... we've failed! No jetlag to blame in our case of course, just absentmindedness. Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found the ticket stub in my diary, it was Mark of an Angel. Hooray, and thank you for your first blog comment!!!!

    ReplyDelete