Saturday, August 8, 2009

Pickles

If any of you ready Andy's blog you will understand how inspiring it is. Last week I was reading about his preserves, pickles and blueberries when I decided I had to get on the canning train. Such was the inspiration for my peach jam as well as these pickles.



I had them all canned last night when I tried some and they were awful: way to vinegary. So I dumped out all the pickling juice, added a bunch of water and tried again. They are on the soft side for having been through the process twice, but have a totally lovely taste now. I figure not too bad for my first pickle project.

On a side note: Linton sent me this link from The Onion. Hilarious because it hits so close to home.

1 comment:

  1. Exciting! And that article is too funny. I am dying to make pickled carrots and grapes next. We finally ran out of pickled red onions, and tofu burgers no longer hold the same appeal . . .

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete