Friday, October 9, 2009

Henry swims!

When we first got Henry he wouldn't even dip a toe into water. After a long time coaxing(read Linton walks into a stream with Henry on the other end of the leash)he got the idea that water was okay. So all summer we take him to a park with a dog pond. At first Henry just stood in the water up to his ankles barking at the swimming dogs(because he's brilliant like that). Slowly but surely all summer long he got a little more bold until finally two weeks ago he swam. I didn't have my camera to document it then (I know you all would have been crushed to miss out on more Henry pictures) so we went back this weekend to stage the swim again.

Isn't that filthy thing exactly what would coax you into swimming?








Hopefully most of you have stopped reading this silly post by now. Because this is the part where I admit that when he first started paddling I was at the edge of the water jumping up and down and yelling, "That's my dog! He's swimming!! He's swimming! He's swimming! He's swimming! He's swimming!" At full volume. Isn't Linton a lucky guy??

No comments:

Post a Comment