Thursday, April 1, 2010

3 dollar sweater

Many months ago I bought this bulky, ill fitting sweater for 3 bucks at the Louisville thrift shop.

See? Very ill fitting.

But I bought it for the yarn. The only clues about the yarn is a tag saying "100% wool. Made in Ireland"



I measured and weighed. There is a lot of yarn here.

Then, for a going away present, the Boulder Knitting Collective gave me a pattern I'd been lusting after for ages, Berkshire Dolman. Ta - da! A three dollar hand knit sweater.

4 comments:

  1. WOW! Look at you - you're magical! :) It looks really nice! <3 hope you are well

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Emmy. I feel pretty magical. :) I am well... I hope you are too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, knitting goddess you are;)

    I've been wanting to upcycle yarn for ever, any suggestion as to how to start taking the sweater apart?

    hugs, aj

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous!! i love that you got this for $3. amazing!

    ReplyDelete